In this article, you’ll learn how to Unzip File using python
- Python Basics
- zipfile module
What is Zip file?
- ZIP is an archive file format that supports lossless data compression.
- A ZIP file may contain one or more files or directories that may have been compressed.
- ZIP files can come handy for a lot different things, we make use of it on a regular basis.
Uses for Zip File:
- Zip files help you to put all related files in one place.
- Zip files help to reduce the data size.
- Zip files transfer faster than the individual file over many connections.
Install Necessary Modules:
zipfileis in-built module, hence no need to install it separately.
- ZipFile module provides tools to create, read, write, append, and list a ZIP file.
- Any advanced use of this module will require an understanding of the format, as defined in PKZIP Application Note.
- Now that you are familiar with Zip file use cases and have acquired basic knowledge of ZipFile module, we can move forward to the coding section.
''' Python Program to Unzip File ''' # Import the necessary module! import zipfile as zip # Set the target file target = "demo.zip" # Display a start message print("Starting to Unzip the File") # Use ZipFile method root = zip.ZipFile(target) # Give destination path # If the folder with name `unzip` already exists, it will create an unzipped file inside it. # Otherwise, a new folder will be created with the given name (even if no parameter is passed). root.extractall("unzip") # End the process using close method. root.close() # Display the end message print("\nFile is Succesfully Unzipped!")
Starting to Unzip the File File is Succesfully Unzipped!