- EasyVideoPlayer script is a video player based on the terminal.
- It can find the video in a pc, change its working directory and play the video file.
- cv2, os, pathlib and ffpyplayer.player libraries are needed to run this script, all of which can be installed using “pip3 install ‘library name'”.
Run the Script:
- ‘cd’ to the directory that contains the script and type “python3 EasyVideoPlayer.py”.
- When you are done with the video, use “keyboard interrupt” (Ctrl + C) to exit the player.
import cv2 import os from pathlib import Path from ffpyplayer.player import MediaPlayer # User input for the name of the image file. video_name = input("Name of the video file that you want to play: ") # User input for the path of the image file. video_directory_guess = input("Directory that may contain the video: ") # This function finds your file. If you don't know the directory just type '/' def find_the_video(file_name, directory_name): files_found =  for path, subdirs, files in os.walk(directory_name): for name in files: if(file_name == name): file_path = os.path.join(path, name) files_found.append(file_path) print(files_found) return files_found # Return the path. # Initialize the path of the image file. video_directory = Path(find_the_video(video_name, video_directory_guess)) # Initialize the parent directory of the image path. new_working_directory = video_directory.parent # Change the working directory of the script. os.chdir(new_working_directory) video_path = find_the_video(video_name, video_directory_guess) def PlayVideo(video_path): video = cv2.VideoCapture(video_path) player = MediaPlayer(video_path) while True: grabbed, frame = video.read() audio_frame, val = player.get_frame() if not grabbed: print("End of video") break if cv2.waitKey(28) & 0xFF == ord("q"): break cv2.imshow("Video", frame) if val != 'eof' and audio_frame is not None: img, t = audio_frame video.release() cv2.destroyAllWindows() PlayVideo(video_path)