In this article, you’ll learn how to generate random jokes using python
Install Necessary Modules:
pip install pyjokes
pyjokes is a python library for one line jokes for programmers (jokes as a service). You can get a funny one-liners, mostly related to programming. This is a fun python library. It returns a random joke from the given category in the given language.
Supported Languages By Pyjokes
- English – ‘en’
- Spanish – ‘es’
- Italian – ‘it’
- German – ‘de’
- Galician – ‘gl’
- Basque – ‘eu’
Categories Included In Pyjokes
- For geeky jokes -’neutral’ (It is chosen by default)
- For Chris Norris Jokes – ‘chuck’.
- If you want all type of jokes – ‘all’
- There is one more category known as ‘twister’ which only works for the German Language (‘de’) and mostly includes tongue twister.
Once Installed now we can import it inside our python code.
There are two methods in
Method 1: get_joke()
- Function: It only returns one joke at a time. It is generated randomly.
- Parameters: It has two parameters-
- Return Type: It returns string type (str).
Method 2: get_jokes()
- Function: It returns a list of jokes.
- Parameters: The parameters are the same as above-
- Return Type: It returns a list.
''' Python Program to Generate Random Jokes ''' # Import the necessary package import pyjokes # Fetch the joke joke1 = pyjokes.get_joke(language="en", category="all") # Display the joke print(joke1,"\n") # Different category joke2 = pyjokes.get_joke(language="en", category="neutral") # Display the joke print(joke2,"\n") # Fetch multiple jokes jokes = pyjokes.get_jokes(language="en", category="neutral") for i in range(5): print(i+1,".",jokes[i],"\n")
Code language: PHP (php)
How many programmers does it take to kill a cockroach? Two: one holds, the other installs Windows on it. What's the object-oriented way to become wealthy? Inheritance. 1 . Complaining about the lack of smoking shelters, the nicotine addicted Python programmers said there ought to be 'spaces for tabs'. 2 . Ubuntu users are apt to get this joke. 3 . Obfuscated Reality Mappers (ORMs) can be useful database tools. 4 . Asked to explain Unicode during an interview, Geoff went into detail about his final year university project. He was not hired. 5 . Triumphantly, Beth removed Python 2.7 from her server in 2030. 'Finally!' she said with glee, only to see the announcement for Python 4.4.