In this article, you’ll learn how to generate QR Code using python.
What is QR Code?
- Introduction QR is short for Quick Response.
- A QR code is a type of matrix barcode first designed in 1994 for the automotive industry in Japan.
- A barcode is a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached.
QR Code vs Barcode
- While QR Codes and Barcodes are similar in practice, QR Codes contain more information because they have the ability to hold information both horizontally and vertically.
- Barcodes only use horizontal information.
Types of QR Code:
Static QR Code:
A Static QR Code contains information that is fixed and uneditable once the Code has been generated.
- QR Codes in business cards or product packaging
- QR Codes for personal use like a party invitation
- QR Codes for Gyms
Dynamic QR Code:
Dynamic QR Codes allow you to update, edit and modify the type of the QR Code however many times you need i.e. the content is editable.
Install Necessary Modules:
Open your Anaconda Prompt and type and run the following command (individually):
pip install pyqrcode pip install pypng
pyqrcodethe module is used to create QR Codes.
- It is designed to be as simple and as possible.
- It does this by using sane defaults and autodetection to make creating a QR Code very simple.
Once Installed now we can import it inside our python code.
''' Python Program to Generate QR Code ''' # Import the necessary module! import pyqrcode # Define the data: # We need some text that we want to convert as our QR Code. # Since I am creating the QR Code for my github profile, # I will "https://programsolve.com/" as data here. Let's store inside a variable. data = "https://programsolve.com/" # Create qrcode: # Now that we have the data with us, we can move forward and # make use of the package we just imported. Let's create an variable. # We will use the create method (as it results in a cleaner looking code) on data. qr = pyqrcode.create(data) # Save the qrcode in png format with proper scaling: # Now let's store it in .png format with proper scaling. qr.png("programsolve.png", scale= 5)Code language: PHP (php)