- This script uses the OpenCV library to process images and outputs cartoon-like images and allows the user to process images without worrying about the directory of the image with a terminal based basic UI.
- This script finds your image file in your pc and automatically changes its the working directory before it starts processing the image.
- This operation saves the time and energy of the user.
- Please keep in mind that this is the first version of the project and currenty only has 2 options for the cartoon styles.
- I will add much more depth to the cartoonify-ing process later on.
import cv2 import os from pathlib import Path image_name = input("Please enter the name of the image file that you want to process: ") ## User input for the name of the image file. image_directory = input("Please enter the directory that may contain the image: ") ## User input for the path of the image file. ## This function looks for and finds the desired file. You can specify a parent directory for the fundtion to look for, however if you have no idea where a file is; this functio will find it for you, just slower. If you have no idea where a file is, just type "/". def find_the_image(file_name, directory_name): files_found =  for path, subdirs, files in os.walk(directory_name): for name in files: if(file_name == name): file_path = os.path.join(path,name) files_found.append(file_path) print(files_found) return files_found ## Return the path. image_path = Path(find_the_image(image_name, image_directory)) ## Inıtialize the path of the image file. new_working_directory = image_path.parent ## Initialize the parent directory of the image path. os.chdir(new_working_directory) ## Change the working directory of the script to the parent directory of the image path. color_image = cv2.imread(find_the_image(image_name, image_directory)) ##cv2.imshow("image_not_processed",color_image) ## Uncomment this to see the image without the process. ##cv2.waitKey() ##cv2.destroyAllWindows() cartoon_style_selection = input("This script currently has 2 sytles. Please type 1 or 2. ") if (cartoon_style_selection == "1"): cartoon_image_style_1 = cv2.stylization(color_image, sigma_s=150, sigma_r=0.25) ## Cartoonify process. cv2.imshow('cartoon_1', cartoon_image_style_1) cv2.waitKey() cv2.destroyAllWindows() elif (cartoon_style_selection == "2"): cartoon_image_style_2 = cv2.stylization(color_image, sigma_s=60, sigma_r=0.5) ## Cartoonify process. cv2.imshow('cartoon_2', cartoon_image_style_2) cv2.waitKey() cv2.destroyAllWindows() else: print("Invalid style selection.")